Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Slick Running Gear


Apple and Nike have teamed up to make some pretty nifty running accessories. The iPod nano can be synced up with a censor that you put into a pair of Nike+ sneakers. The censor can track your distance, tell you how many calories you burned, play songs that match up with your pace and when you really need the motivation, play your favorite pump song. Once you've finished your run, you can connect your iPod to your computer and download all your stats to iTunes and nike. These sites allow you to keep track of your runs, set goals and even challenge friends. I think it's really cool that Nike and Apple collaborated on this. I have to listen to music while I run or I won't get very far. I need that distraction, anything to keep my mind of the fact that I'm exercising. Right now, when I run, I just put my iPod on shuffle and every so often I get a song that's a big downer. This gear will prevent and play a song that matches my every step. I also like the fact that it keeps track of your distance, which is great because not all running trails have mile markers. The distance tracker will be valuable tool when training for my half-marathon because I need to make sure I'm running a certain number of miles each day. I have the iPod, now all I have to do is get the sneakers and the censor.

Image - http://www.apple.com/ipod/nike/

No comments: